Friday, June 12, 2009

Lots of good stuff!

I'd like to welcome the newest addition to our family, Violette Elena Ledet, born Tuesday, June 9th at 7:14 pm! She's a beauty weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long. She and mom are doing great if a bit sleep deprived! Can't say I didn't warn you guys! Congratulations, Scott and Janie!


Here's the great old wooden file cabinet that my mom and I found at the flea markets while waiting for little Violette to join us! It was a whopping $7.99!! What a steal! It will house all of my fabrics and free up the kitchen table which is currently stacked shoulder high with plastic boxes of fabric. It's a little big for the space, so it might find another place in my house, but for that price, I couldn't pass it up!


After making Janie's diaper bag for her shower, her friend Celeste, due in August, seemed pretty envious! So Janie and Scott had me make one for her shower next month. I didn't use a pattern and it didn't turn out like it was in my head, but I still really like it! Especially the Kaffe fabrics!

On this great new chair that I've been wanting for YEARS, you see the package I put together for Susan in the Vintage 4th of July Swap. The pillow has the pledge of allegiance printed on it, there are 6 fat quarters of stars and stripey fabric, three repro stars like you used to see on buildings, two packages of napkins, a "vintagey" tin with red white and blue(and black?) thread, a few Colorado treats AND a-- pretty cool if I do say so myself --mini-bunting banner. I'm going to have to get some more red star fabric so I can make on for myself!!
I decided yesterday to knit Drew some socks for Father's Day. Needless to say, they won't be ready in time, but it's the thought that counts, right? Here's Tade "helping" me with some yarn of his own!
And, lastly, the selvege belt that I made a couple of weeks ago!!! I just love it! It goes with everything and fits around my hips!!

Have a great weekend! I have some very exciting news about a quilting reteat and Amanda Jean of crazymomquilts! Check your calenders for the first weekend of November!! And then plan on coming to Colorado! More details to come.....

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Scott and Janie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cabinet! I love wooden storage. Congratulations to the family on the new addition! First weekend of November, hmm? Are quilter wannabes gonna be allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous of the filing cabinet. It is so cute.
    I've seen a few people around here with scrappy camera straps. I guess people big into photography are loving them b/c they are wider and softer and longer than the straps that come with a big camera. Just an idea for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sis! Violette is up for a feeding now, so dad has a sec to check a few blogs between burping sessions. BTW, saw the mountain cake. Truly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara,
    I've been posting comments and I notice they don't go through so I will try one more time.
    Enjoy your blog and I would love to go in Nov to the Fort Collins show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The file cabinet is just fabulous! What an awesome find! You are quite a creative gal :) The diaper bag is adorable as is your belt!!!

    Popped by from Mommy Holly's blog :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I went to school in Arvada and still have family in Denver. I miss it terribly! The desert is really HOT right now........sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that file cabinet!! Yes, we should get together. Weekends are good. I am working up in Fort Collins watching a couple of kiddos, so even during the week I am sometimes available. My sister is here until the 7th. I will get in touch with you after they leave.

    On another note...Any new books you have read?? I just finished Three Cups of Tea-excellent; Ten Thousand Splendid Suns-outstanding;The Kite Runner;delightful..these are my suggestions for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the belt -- you are very clever!

    ReplyDelete