Monday, July 6, 2009

A quilting bee and a new friend!


SO....I'd like to host a virtual quilting bee. That means I need 9 more people to join in. I've got Victoria of Bumblebeans interested and my new friend Heather--a local blogger and artist that I got to meet and see her art space today(so cool!) plus myself.

If you think you can handle making ONE quilt block a month, following the requests and using the fabric of another quilter, you could be the lucky recipient of 12(really 11 plus the one you make for yourself) beautifully made quilt blocks-- enough to sash or border and have a really cool quilt top.


So if you're in, leave a comment in this post, making sure I can contact you. I think we should have giveaways and fun stuff like that too!

Starting Now!!
Great idea! If you leave a comment in this post, you'll be entered to win a jar of my Nitty Gritty Gardener's Salt Scrub! It rocks--peppermint and rosemary and lavender! I'll leave the giveaway open until July 15. You don't have to be interested in the quilting bee to enter, but I do need to know one way or another



I'm ready to quilt this disappearing nine patch for my sister. I'd planned on having it done by the 4th, but who was I kidding? I really like it and did some piecing on the back that's a bit odd, but works. I should really learn when to take pictures--colors aren't remotely right.



And this wonderful package arrived in the mail today, so I'd better not like these books as much a Vanessa at V & Co., or I'm never going to quilt it!

Still space at the quilting retreat with Amanda Jean in November!!!


--Tara

16 comments:

  1. Well, You know I'm in for the bee. And for some salt scrub! homemade by you! gotta love that!
    Wish I could make it to Colorado with you guys, but I'll see AJ next week! yippee! alright, i gotta get to bed! g'nite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to join in the quilting bee. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested, but would like more details on your bee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very intrigued by the idea of the quilting bee! I'm a newer quilter (you can check out my blog for what I'm working on - its in my google profile) but I've jumped in with both feet and loving it.

    I'd also love to join your contest for the salt scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love some of your scrub (you know I'm a big fan). Unfortunately, I'm not accomplished enough to join in the bee....and no, I'm not being modest, I just don't have the patience to make sure that seams are straight or points don't disappear etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your disappearing 9 patch quilt is awesome! (as is that veggie dip mix that you sent to me. yum-my!!!!! thanks again!) :) hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to do the quilting Bee, but right now I am crazy busy..maybe in a couple months I can join you ladies. As far as getting together, I am available anytime. my schedule dictates what days I am off. I will let you know what days in the next few weeks that work for me. Hope you are having a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Tara! I'm up for the bee, too, but can you give us more details before I fully commit? Like, when will the first patch need to be completed by? Thank you so much for linking to my blog! It is great to have you as a new blog & community friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, this comment has nothing to do with quilting bees, virtual or otherwise - Christine just sent me your bloglink and I am thrilled to see you are doing so well! (And a little irritated to find someone else being endlessly creative when I feel so...well, NOT, these days). Methinks it is time to have a colorguard reunion...:)

    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tara!
    As I said at the Rio the other night, I'd love to be part of your quilting bee!
    What can I do right now to prepare for it?
    Melina
    493-1130

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Tara; Mountain Momma just sent me your blog link and wanted to say hello. Hello! Hope you remember me (Kerrie) from color guard.

    Fabulous quilts and more. I'm also chuckling at Sunrise's comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Tara! I bet you never guessed your raspbrry dressing comment would generate so much history! Throw me in for the salt scrub.

    You have some mad quilting skills! I love the piecing part of quilting but I have trouble with the actual quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tara,

    I'm a good friend of Heather's. I'm interested in learning more details about the quilting bee. I've been quilting for a few years now and also have a 5 month old I'm committed to. Could you let me know more details like who chooses the pattern, how big the block is, etc.?

    Thank you!
    Jennifer - www.giftsfromthedivine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tara, Vivian again. Hey, I just wanted to touch base and let you know I'd be away the last two weeks of august...just in case this quilting bee gets rolling about then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Tara,
    I came to your blog from Bumble Beans. I don't have my own blog, but I think Id be interested in your quilting bee if you still need anyone to join.
    Let me know
    krousegirl2 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tara, I'd love to be a part of your quilting bee!! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete